8/6/08

i wrote a poem and got a book for free but this is not the poem

if i go to the library and nothing happens except sitting in front of a computer and standing in front of the printers then at least something will have been a success.

i don't know what happened that made me gradually unable to wake up to the noise of my phone but it probably had something to do with falling asleep every night on the couch in front of the tv.

i didn't know what to do when all of a sudden it was summer and then every day i had to decide for no reason against staying in bed.

if the books i got at the library are due back and they have not been read then at least there is one more thing to do.

for a certain number of minutes i will be walking in one direction toward a reasonable place with a reasonable goal.

but this will not make it easier for me to think that the outside of my face is making it at all apparent that i have somewhere to go.

when i am doing the dishes my face does not make it look like i have somewhere to go.

when i am taking a shower my face does not make it look like i have somewhere to go.

when i am looking at the computer my face does not make it look like i have somewhere to go.

when i am standing in a line somewhere my face looks tired, i'm sure.

standing in a line my face will look anxious or annoyed but i will not be feeling anything.

i will feel a little content. i will want to go to sleep. my face will look like i am someone who wants to go to sleep.